I believe strongly in community service.
Some of my personal service is listed below.
Vermont Tax Advisory Board
Appointed in 2012 to provide ideas, input and perspective to Tax Commissioner Mary Peterson, assisting her in developing tax policy and identifying improvements in the administration of taxes, and provide constructive observations regarding current or proposed policies.
Vermont Health Care Business Advisory Council
Appointed in 2013 to provide advice and information on health care financing based on business experience to Governor Peter Shumlin.
Speaker’s Business Advisory Council
Appointed in 2005 to advise Vermont Speaker of the House Gaye Symington on business matters.
VT Irene Flood Relief Fund
Member of 2011 Advisory Committee reviewing applications to swiftly award cash grants to businesses damaged by flooding caused from Tropical Storm Irene.
Community National Bank Regional Advisory Board
Vermont Retail Association Current Board member and Past Vice President. Member of the Legislative Committee
Central Vermont Economic Development Corporation Past Board Member
Montpelier Business Association Past President (2x) and Member of the Executive Committee.
Montpelier Downtown Community Association (Montpelier Alive) Past Vice President and Member of the Board of Directors
Northfield Savings Bank Former Corporator (advisory council)
Community Capital of Central Vermont Former Board Member and Loan Committee member
Montpelier Rotary Club Past President and Board Member
- Supporting the launch of The Vermont Mountaineers through the Montpelier Rotary Club.
- Started and promoted the now classic “Montpelier Mile” July 3rd running race.
- Raised over $100,000 for the Kellogg-Hubbard Library through the Onion River Century Ride.
- Established “trick or treating” in downtown businesses in Montpelier.
- Began Vermont’s first used bicycle swap, now known as The Montpelier Bike Swap.
- Organized and promoted hundreds of cycling, skiing and running events throughout the years to encourage healthy lifestyles and outdoor activity.
- Supported the establishment of Morse Farm Ski Touring Center.
- Privileged to support hundreds of Central Vermont organizations and non-profits dedicated to service and the betterment of our community.